Urgh! I have been tagged by miladyinsanity. Therefore here is my response:
1. First name: Karen
2. Middle name: Used to be Lynne but now I s'pose it's Wester
3. Name you go by: Karen
4. Name(s) your parents call(ed) you: My dad called me Karenski sometimes. I liked it. Sounds kinda like a Russian revolutionary.
5. Other nicknames (past and present): none.
6. What did you call yourself when you were little? me
7. Were your parents considering any other names (that you know of) before they settled on yours? Hmm. Don't think so. It was Dad's turn and the neighbor's little girl was named Karen. He liked the name. Back then it was new-sounding.
8. What does your name mean? It's the Danish form of Catherine, which means purity (shows you there's nothing in this name business)
9. Do any famous people share your name? Karen Blixen, who wrote OUT OF AFRICA
10. Can you pronounce your name backwards? Yes, but it makes no sense.
11. Favorite girls' names: Anne (my daughter), Alexandra (If I had had two daughters, the 2nd one would have been Alexandra)
12. Favorite boys' names: Wes (my son -- equal time), Alexander (If I had had two sons, the 2nd one would have been Alexander)
13. Favorite name you've ever read in a book: Mr. Darcy. I just love that we only hear his first name once!
14. Favorite name from a TV show: Hmm. I guess Spock
15. Favorite name for a dog/cat: Darwin (my dog; he's a beagle)
WRITERLY BONUS QUESTION:
16. Favorite character name from one of your own books: Burden (he's a part-wolf dog in my fantasy novel THE TALISMAN BAG)
And now I tag mindyklasky, brad_beaulieu, and stephdray. Let's see if they're up to the challenge. This thing could bring Live Journal to its knees.